Oxycodone is a semisynthetic opioid used to treat severe pain.
Is oxycodone stronger than hydrocodone?
Oxycodone is about 3 times more powerful than hydrocodone
Oxycodone addiction and detox
Oxycodone is a painkiller commonly prescribed for moderate to severe pain. It is extremely addictive and can lead to physical dependence and addiction.
Oxycodone can be prescribed by itself, but most commonly can be found as the main active ingredient in a number of combination-drug prescription pain relievers, such as:
- OxyContin, Roxicodone and OxyIR—oxycodone combined with an inert binder
- Percocet, Endocet, Tylox and Roxicet—oxycodone combined with acetaminophen (sometimes called paracetamol)
- Percodan, Endodan and Roxiprin—oxycodone combined with aspirin
- Combunox—oxycodone combined with ibuprofen.
Since all these drugs contain oxycodone as their main ingredient, they can be very addictive. Most people addicted to Oxycodone became addicted once they start abusing drugs like the ones mentioned above.
Oxycodone addiction is part of the overall opioid epidemic that we are seeing today. Overdose deaths due to opioids have been increasing every year since 2002.
If you or loved one needs help with oxycodone addiction, please call Los Angeles Detox at 844-523-3869.
Oxycodone detox is the first step
A medically assisted detox is usually the first step to recovery. Once detox is successfully completed the patient is sent to either an inpatient drug rehab program or an intensive outpatient drug rehab program.
At Los Angeles Detox, an oxycodone detox program includes:
- Custom program tailored to patient’s needs:
- Full health assessment
- Drug history carefully reviewed
- A safe, comfortable and relaxing environment
- Nice, experienced staff available 24/7
- 24/7 medical monitoring
- Delicious and nutritious meals and natural supplements
- Exercise program
Los Angeles Detox makes sure every patient is as comfortable as possible throughout the entire detox process.
If you or a loved one is having problems with an Oxycodone addiction
Call Los Angeles Detox NOW at 844-523-3869
Our Detox Advisors are available 7 days a week. We can help you arrange a safer, more comfortable medically-supervised Oxycodone detox as the first step toward ending Oxycodone addiction, dependency and abuse.